Anukul Sudhakar Roy was born 30 November 1998 is an Indian cricketer who plays for Jharkhand and Kolkata Knight Riders. In December 2017, he was named in India’s squad for the 2018 Under-19 Cricket World Cup. He was the joint highest wicket taker in the Under-19 Cricket World Cup.
He was born in Bhirha, Rosera in the state of Bihar.
Anukul Roy Career
On 8 February 2018, he made his List A debut for Jharkhand in the 2017–18 Vijay Hazare Trophy. He made his first-class debut for Jharkhand in the 2018–19 Ranji Trophy on 1 November 2018.
He was the leading wicket-taker for Jharkhand in the tournament, with 30 dismissals in nine matches. On 21 February 2019, he made his Twenty20 debut for Jharkhand in the 2018–19 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy. For the 2019–20 Deodhar Trophy, he was named to India B’s squad in October 2019.
In February 2022, he was bought by the Kolkata Knight Riders in the auction for the 2022 Indian Premier League tournament. On May 2, 2022, he made his debut against RR for his new team.
Batting & Fielding
Anukul Roy Instagram Account
View this post on Instagram
Some Interesting Facts About Anukul Roy
- Shivam started playing cricket in tennis-ball tournaments in Samastipur, and relocated to Jamshedpur for better opportunities in cricket.
- He groomed his cricketing skills at Jharkhand Cricket Academy, Kadma.
- Due to resemblance with his cricket idol Ravindra Jadeja, he is often called “Samastipur’s Ravindra Jadeja.”
- He played exceptionally well when India U-19 toured England for an ODI series against England U-19 in 2017, where he was the highest wicket-taker.
- Though he made a great impact with his splendid performance in the 2018 Under-19 World Cup, but a few months before the tournament, he suffered a stress-related ankle injury that dented his chances to get selected for the 2018 Under-19 World Cup squad. But Rahul Dravid showed huge confidence in him and told him to concentrate only on his recovery, and his speedy recovery earned him a spot in the World Cup squad.
|Full Name||Anukul Sudhakar Roy|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 173 cm
in meters– 1.73 m
in feet inches– 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 60 kg
in pounds– 132 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 40 inches
– Waist: 30 inches
– Biceps: 14 inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||U-19– 6 February 2017 against England U-19 at Mumbai|
|Jersey Number||#6 (India U-19)|
|Records (main ones)||Highest wicket taker on the tour of England in 2017, with 10 wickets.|
|Career Turning Point||When he took most number of wickets (10 wickets in 4 matches) in the Youth ODI series against England U-19 in June-July 2017.|
|Date of Birth||30 November 1998|
|Age (as in 2018)||20 Years|
|Birth Place||Saraikela Kharswan, Jharkhand, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Hometown||Samastipur, Bihar, India|
|School||D.A.V. Public School, Samastipur|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Favourite Cricketer(s)||Batsman– MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli
Bowler– Ravindra Jadeja
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favourite Actress||Shraddha Kapoor|
|Favourite Film(s)||Bollywood– ABCD – Any Body Can Dance
|Favourite TV Show(s)||Indian– Bigg Boss
|Favourite Singer(s)||Michael Jackson, Taylor Swift, Shreya Ghoshal, Armaan Malik, Yo Yo Honey Singh, Mika Singh|
|Girls, Family & More|
Read Also –