Yastika Bhatia is an Indian Cricketer (Batsman and Wicket-keeper). Yastika Bhatia was born on 01 November 2000 (age 21 as of 2022) in Vadodara, Gujarat, India. She is the daughter of Harish Bhatia and Garima Bhatia. She has a sister Josita Bhatia (a Domestic Indian cricketer!).
Yastika Bhatia Personal Life
Yastika Bhatia was born 1 November 2000 is an Indian cricketer. In February 2021, Bhatia earned her maiden call-up to the India women’s cricket team, for their limited overs matches against South Africa. Bhatia said that her selection to the national team was surreal, and thanked her coach and club for the opportunity. She had also played for the India Women’s A team during their tour of Australia in December 2019.
Yastika Bhatia Education
She completed her school studies at Delhi Public School, Kalali (Vadodara), Gujarat, India. She completed her college studies at Amity University. She is a Bachelor of Arts qualified. She is still yet unmarried.
Yastika Bhatia Career
In August 2021, Bhatia was again called up to the national team, for their series against Australia, including being named in India’s squad for the one-off women’s Test match. She made her Women’s One-Day International (WODI) debut on 21 September 2021, for India against Australia. She made her Test debut on 30 September 2021, for India against Australia. She made her Women’s Twenty20 International (WT20I) debut on 7 October 2021, also against Australia.
In January 2022, she was named in India’s team for the 2022 Women’s Cricket World Cup in New Zealand. In July 2022, she was named in India’s team for the cricket tournament at the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham, England.
Batting & Fielding
Yastika Bhatia Net Worth 2023
Yastika Bhatia has a net worth of INR 50 lakh or $70,000.
Yastika Bhatia Salary 2023
Yastika Bhatia has a BCCI salary of INR 10 lakh.
All players in the national Indian Cricket Team get their salaries from the BCCI. The annual contracts for Indian women cricketers have been organised into 3 categories – Grade A players receive an amount of Rs. 50 lakh, Grade B cricketers get Rs. 30 lakh, and C, Rs. 10 lakh.
Yastika also gets a salary of INR 20,000 per day for playing first-class cricket.
Yastika Bhatia Boyfriend
Yastika Bhatia is reportedly single and does not have a bf or a husband.
Yastika Bhatia Instagram Account
View this post on Instagram
Know Some Interesting Facts About Yastika Bhatia
- Bhatia wakes up at 5 am every day to do Yoga and then goes to her local gym in Physio2Fitness in Vadodra.
- She is a fan of former Australian wicket-keeper Adam Gilchrist and wants to play like him.
- During Covid lockdowns, Yastika learnt how to speak french and play the guitar. She often posts her guitar videos on Instagram.
- Her sister, Josita Bhatia is also a domestic-level cricketer. Josita left cricket to pursue a career in medicine.
- During her 3rd ODI match, Yastika helped India break Australia’s 26-match winning streak by scoring 64 runs.
- Her father has been her biggest supporter. He is the one who encouraged Yastika to take up sports as a kid.
- In March 2020, Yasita faced mental health issues after she and other members of the Baroda senior women’s team lodged sexual harassment complaints against Atul Bedade, the head coach.
- The left-hander scored a T20 century against Manipur in the National under-23 Women’s tournament while captaining the Baroda team.
- Bhatia is brilliant at academics. She scored 89% in her class 12th board exams in the Science stream, after studying for just 15 days.
- She was mentored by former Indian wicketkeeper-batsman Kiran More who helped her perfect her batting technique.
|Real name/Full name||Yastika Harish Bhatia|
|Profession||Women Cricketer (Wicketkeeper)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 158 cm|
in meters– 1.58 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 2”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 48 kg|
in pounds– 106 lbs
|Hair Colour||Natural Black|
|International Debut||ODI– 21 September 2021 against Australia at Harrup Park in Queensland (Australia)|
Test– 26 September 2021 against Australia at Metricon Stadium on the Gold Coast in Queensland (Australia)
T20I– 7 October 2021 against Australia at Metricon Stadium on the Gold Coast in Queensland (Australia)
|Jersey Number||# 11 (India women’s national team)|
|Domestic/State Team||• Baroda Women (2016)|
• Baroda U-23 Women (2016)
• West Zone Women (2016)
• India Women Emerging (2019)
• India A Women (2019-2020)
• India B Women (2020)
• India C Women (2020)
|Nature on field||Jovial|
|Coaches||• Santosh Chaugule|
• Kiran More
• Dr. Drashti Shah (Fitness trainer)
|Batting Style||Left-hand bat|
|Bowling Style||Slow left-arm orthodox|
|Favourite Shot||Pull Shot|
|Record||Only women cricketer from Vadodara to be selected for the NCA U-23 camp|
|Career Turning Point||When she scored 145 runs of 131 balls against Haryana|
|Date of Birth||11 January 2000 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||21 Years|
|Birthplace||Baroda (now Vadodara), Gujarat|
|Hometown||Baroda (now Vadodara), Gujarat|
|School||Delhi Public School, Kalali (Vadodara)|
|College/University||Amity University (studied online due to COVID-19)|
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor of Arts|
|Hobbies||Listening songs, playing Guitar, watching movies, chilling with friends, cycling, cooking|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father – Harish Bhatia|
Mother– Garima Bhatia
|Siblings||Sister– Josita Bhatia (domestic-level cricketer)|
|Cricketer||Batters– Smriti Mandhana, Jemimah Rodrigues, Virat Kohli|
Wicketkeeper– Adam Gilchrist
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Karate, Swimming|
|Film||Shahrukh Khan’s movies|
Read Also – Jhulan Goswami Biography