Yash Vijay Dhull is an Indian cricketer. He was born on 11th November 2002 in New Delhi, Delhi. His mother’s name is Neelam Dhull and his father’s name is Vijay Dhull who works as an executive with a cosmetic brand.
Yash played the Under-16 Rajesh Peter Memorial Tournament at the age of 11 years and he was 40 not out. Yash represented the Delhi Team in an Under-14 match at the age of 12.
In the Under-16 Vijay Merchant Trophy, Yash became the captain and scored an unbeaten 186 against Punjab.
In December 2021, he became the captain of India’s team for the 2022 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup which was held in the West Indies.
Yash scored 110 runs in the semi-final of the Super League against Australia. Later, he was announced as the new captain of the ICC team of the tournament.
He played under-19 cricket for Delhi. In Ranji Trophy, he made his first-class debut on 17th February 2022 against Tamil Nadu. He scored a century in both innings.
Yash became the highest run scorer in the 2021-22 Ranji Trophy after scoring 479 runs with an average of 119.75.
In 2022, Yash Dhull was sold to Delhi Capitals at the price of Rs 50 lakh.
Yash has a net worth of Rs 1 crore. He has a BCCI salary of Rs 1.6 lakh per match.
Some Interesting Facts
- Yash started playing cricket at the t age of 6. His mother once saw him shadow-batting in the playground where the elder kids were not allowing him to play with them. His mother then enrolled Yash in a cricket academy.
- His father quit his executive job at a cosmetic company in Delhi to help his son focus on cricket.
- He became only the 3rd batter after Nari Contractor (1952/53) and Virag Awate (2012/13) to hit a century in each innings of his Ranji Trophy debut.
- Yash was the captain of India in the Under-19 World Cup trophy on 5th February 2022.
- Yash wanted to become a medium-pace bowler. But his coach Pradeep Kochhar advised him, and he shifted his focus toward batting.
|Date of Birth
|11 November 2002
|Jagat Singh Dhull
|One elder sister
|Bal Bhawan Public School, Dwarka, Delhi
|180 cm or 5′ 9”
|Rajesh Nagar, Pradeep Kocchar
|Right arm off-break
|INR 1 crore
|INR 40-50 lakh