Rohan Murty was born in 1983 (age 39 years; as in 2019), in Hubli, Karnataka. He is a junior fellow at the Harvard Society of Fellows, founder of the Murty Classical Library of India and founder and chief technical officer of the digital transformation company Soroco, which specialises in automation using artificial intelligence sources.
Rohan Murthy Corporate Career
In June 2013, Murty was appointed as an executive assistant at the Chairman’s Office reporting to Narayana Murthy at Infosys, when Narayana Murthy returned to the company. His appointment as Vice President at Infosys was subject to approval by the Indian Ministry of Corporate Affairs. Murty left Infosys on 14 June 2014, when his father stepped down as Executive Chairman. As of 1 June 2013, Murty is said to have owned Infosys shares worth $347 million.
Murty is on leave from being a junior fellow at the Harvard Society of Fellows. He previously had a “shadow role”[a] with Catamaran Ventures, a $127-million venture capital fund headed by N.R.N. Murthy.
He is the founder of the Murty Classical Library of India, a continuation of the Clay Sanskrit Library Project headed by Sheldon Pollock. In 2016, he rejected a petition asking that Pollock be removed from the position of chief editor of the Murty Classical Library.
Rohan Murthy Education
Murty studied at the Bishop Cotton Boys’ School in Bangalore. After completing his twelfth standard board exams, he moved to the US and took an undergraduate degree in Computer Science from Cornell University. This was followed by a PhD in computer engineering from Harvard University, which he obtained in 2011.
The subject of his doctoral thesis was opportunistic wireless networks, networks that work by continually seeking and using underused portions of the spectrum, and vacating them if any incumbent returns. His PhD was supported by a Siebel Scholars Fellowship and a Microsoft Research Fellowship.
Rohan Murty Family
Murty is the son of N. R. Narayana Murthy, founder of Infosys, and his wife Sudha Murty, an engineer and author. Shrinivas Kulkarni, a professor of astrophysics and planetary science at California Institute of Technology, is his maternal uncle, and He has an elder sister, Akshata Murthy, who is married to Rishi Sunak (a British politician from the British Conservative Party). Rohan’s maternal uncle, Shrinivas Kulkarni, a professor of astrophysics, has a great influence on Rohan.
Murty married Lakshmi Venu, daughter of TVS Motors Chairman Venu Srinivasan, in June 2011, and the couple divorced in 2015. Murty then married Aparna Krishnan, the daughter of Kochi-based retired SBI employee Savithri Krishnan and former Indian Navy officer Commander KR Krishnan, in December 2019. Murty’s elder sister, Akshata, is married to UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak.
Rohan Net Worth
As per corporate shareholdings filed for September 30, 2022, rohan murty publicly holds 1 stocks with a net worth of over Rs. 9,256.9 Cr.
Some Interesting Facts About Rohan Murty
- Rohan Murty is the son of N. R. Narayana Murthy, co-founder of Infosys.
- He is the founder of the Murty Classical Library of India.
- In his childhood, he suffered from infantile eczema, an allergy to vaccinations
- He has been working with Catamaran Ventures, a $127-million venture capital.
- He started working as an executive assistant to his father in June 2013, later, designated as the Vice President of Infosys.
- On 14 June 2014, his father stepped down from the designation of the Executive Chairman. Rohan left the company on the same day.
- He spells his surname different from his father and removes ‘h’ from Murthy.
- He is a dog lover and owns a dog, Gopi
- In 2016, a petition was filed to remove Sheldon Pollock from the position of the Chief editor of the Murty Classical Library, which Rohan rejected.
- Rohan dated Aparna Krishnan for almost three years, the couple announced their marriage to be held on 2 December 2019 in Bengaluru.
|Full Name||Rohan Narayana Murty|
|Famous For||Being the son of N. R. Narayana Murthy, Infosys co-founder|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 170 cm|
in meters– 1.7 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 7”
|Date of Birth||Year 1983|
|Age (as in 2022)||39 Years|
|Hometown||Bangalore (now Bengaluru), Karnataka|
|School||Bishop Cotton Boy’s School, Bangalore|
|College/University||• Cornell University, New York|
• Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, United States
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Graduation in Computer Science|
• PhD in Computer Engineering
|Hobbies||Reading Books, Dancing, and Travelling|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Lakshmi Venu (Daughter of TVS Motors Chairman)|
• Aparna Krishnan
|Marriage Date||• First Marriage: Year 2011|
• Second Marriage: 2 December 2019
|Wife/Spouse||• First Wife: Lakshmi Venu (2011-2013)|
• Second Wife: Aparna Krishnan
|Parents||Father– N. R. Narayana Murthy|
Mother– Sudha Murthy
|Siblings||Sister– Akshata Murty|
|Singer(s)||Shania Twain, Michael Jackson, and Elton John|
|Music Bands(s)||Led Zeppelin and Guns N’ Roses|
|Cartoon Character(s)||Tom and Jerry|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$500 million (2019)|