Namita Thapar is an Indian entrepreneur and the Executive Director of Emcure Pharmaceuticals. She is also a shark in the Indian television show Shark Tank India.
Namita Thapar Early Life
Namita Thapar was born on 21st March 1977 in Pune, Maharashtra, India. Her father’s name is Satish Mehta, founder of Emcure Pharmaceuticals, and her mother’s name is Bhavana Mehta. She has a brother Samit Mehta, President R& D of Emcure Pharmaceuticals.
Namita Thapar Relationship
Namita is married to Vikas Thapar, President, Corporate Development, Strategy & Finance at Emcure Pharmaceuticals. They have two sons- Jai and Veer. The kids are named after the lead characters of her favourite film Sholay.
Namita Thapar Career
After completing her MBA in the United States, she was offered the position of business finance lead in the financial planning department of Guidant Corporation, a medical device company in the USA. She worked in the company for around 6 years in various positions.
After coming back to India, she joined her father’s company Emcure Pharmaceuticals as CFO. Later, she was appointed as the Executive Director of Emcure Pharmaceuticals.
In 2017, she founded Incredible Ventures Ltd., an education company. The main objective of the company is to promote youth entrepreneurship by teaching entrepreneurial skills to children 11-18 years of age group. The company has branches in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, and Ahmedabad.
Namita is one of the Board Members of the Regional Advisory Board of Fuqua School of Business, and a trustee on TiE Mumbai Board of Trustees.
In 2020, Namita created a YouTube channel named Uncondition Yourself with Namita Thapar in which she uploads videos of her talk show in which she talks about women’s health with various doctors, patients, and health experts.
Namita Thapar Shark Tank
In December 2021, she became a shark in the first season of the television show Shark Tank India. In 2022, she again became the shark in Shark Tank India.
Namita Thapar Education
Namita Thapar completed a B.Com. from Savitribai Phule Pune University, a Chartered Accountancy from ICAI, and an MBA from Fuqua School of Business at Duke University.
Namita Thapar Net Worth
Namita Thapar has a net worth of over Rs 600 crores.
Namita Thapar Some Interesting Facts
- Namita was a class topper during her school days.
- She loves to read and travel.
- She is a huge fan of Bollywood films. Before her marriage, she used to watch the first-day first show of almost all Bollywood films.
- Namita has been associated with PM Modi‘s initiatives like NITI Aayog’s Women Entrepreneurship Platform and Champions of Change program.
- Namita is also a public speaker. She has conducted public speaking sessions at various well-known platforms like Harvard Business School, Indian Institute of Management (IIM- Ahmedabad), ET women’s conference, and FICCI.
Namita Thapar Instagram
View this post on Instagram
Namita Thapar Physical Stats
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 165 cm|
in meters– 1.65 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 5”
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
Namita Thapar Bio/Wiki
|Date of Birth||21st March 1977|
|Birthplace||Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|College/University||• Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune|
• The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)
• Fuqua School of Business at Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
|Educational Qualification(s)||• B.Com from Savitribai Phule Pune University|
• Chartered Accountancy from ICAI
• MBA from Fuqua School of Business at Duke University
|Relationships & More|
|Husband/Spouse||Vikas Thapar (businessman)|
|Parents||Father- Satish Mehta (founder of Emcure Pharmaceuticals)|
Mother- Bhavana Mehta
|Siblings||Brother- Samit Mehta (President R& D of Emcure Pharmaceuticals)|