Bhupendra Rajnikant Patel was born 15 July 1962 is an Indian politician and the current Chief Minister of Gujarat since September 2021. His political party is the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). As a member of the Gujarat Legislative Assembly representing Ghatlodia constituency in 2017, he began his political career in the municipal bodies of Ahmedabad.
Bhupendra Patel Personal Life and Career
Bhupendrabhai Patel was born on 15 July 1962 to a Gujarati in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.Bhupendrabhai Patel has received Diploma in Civil Engineering from the Government Polytechnic, Ahmedabad in April 1982. He has been associated with Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh.
He is a builder by profession. He is a trustee of Sardardham Vishwa Patidar Kendra and a chairman of the standing committee of Vishwa Umiya Foundation. He is a follower of Akram Vignan Movement founded by Dada Bhagwan. He is interested in cricket and badminton.
- Municipal Councillor
Patel served in Memnagar Nagarpalika from 1995 to 1996, 1999 to 2000, and 2004 to 2006. He was the President of Memnagar Nagarpalika in 1999–2000
Member of Gujarat Legislative Assembly
Patel became a member of Gujarat Legislative Assembly for the Ghatlodia constituency after winning the 2017 Gujarat Legislative Assembly elections, running against Shashikant Patel of the Indian National Congress. He won by a record margin of 1,17,000 votes.
Chief Minister of Gujarat
Vijay Rupani resigned as Gujarat’s Chief Minister on 11 September 2021. During the party legislature meeting in Gandhinagar on 12 September 2021, Patel was unanimously elected as the BJP legislative party leader and Chief Minister elect of Gujarat.
He was sworn in as the Chief Minister of Gujarat on 13 September 2021. On 8 February 2022, he launched a new Gujarat IT/ITeS policy, 2022-2027. It was under his influence and leadership that the Bharatiya Janata Party won a mammoth and record-breaking 157 of the 182 seats, with the party forming the state government for the record 7th consecutive time.
Bhupendra Patel Family
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Rajnikantbhai Patel. His mother’s name is not known. The name of his younger brother is Ketan Patel.
Bhupendra Patel Wife & Children
The name of his wife is Hetal Patel.
His son’s name is Anuj Patel, and Devanshi Patel is Bhupendra Patel’s daughter-in-law.
Bhupendra Patel belongs to the Gujarati Kadava Patidar community. He is the trustee at Sardar Dham and Vishwa Umiya Patidar foundations.
- Cash: Rs. 1,39,356
- Deposits in Banks: Rs 2,59,757
- LIC or other insurance Policies: Rs 1,39,00,000
- Personal loans/advances: Rs 62,76,992
- Motor Vehicles: Rs 7,72,630
- Jewellery: Rs 41,90,000
Gross Total Value: Rs 2,49,38,735
- Non-Agricultural Land: Rs 30,00,000
- Commercial Buildings: Rs 59,00,000
- Residential Buildings: Rs 1,81,20,000
Total: Rs 2,70,20,000 Crores
Bhupendra Patel Net Worth
As of 2017, Bhupendra Rajnikant Patel’s net worth was around Rs. 5.20 Crores.
Bhupendra Patel Wins from Ghatlodia
Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel on Thursday won a second consecutive victory from the urban constituency of Ghatlodia with a margin of 1.92 lakh. The BJP has already announced that Patel will retain the post of chief minister.
Patel got 2,12,480 votes, against 21,120 votes polled by his Congress rival Amiben Yagnik. AAP candidate Vijay Patel was in the third place with 15,902 votes.
Patidar-dominated Ghatlodia seat, which is part of the Gandhinagar Lok Sabha constituency, has given Gujarat two chief ministers — Bhupendra Patel and Anandiben Patel. It is a stronghold of the BJP.
In 2017, despite the Patidar quota agitation which made things difficult for the ruling party, Bhupendra Patel had won the seat with a margin of 1.17 lakh votes.
Ghatlodia, which has around 3.70 lakh registered voters, was carved out as an assembly constituency following delimitation in 2012. Earlier, it was a part of Sarkhej constituency. In 2012, Anandiben Patel had won the seat with a margin of more than 1.1 lakh.
Against the incumbent chief minister, the Congress fielded noted lawyer and activist Amiben Yagnik whose door-to-door campaign focussed on price rise, unemployment and alleged corruption. Besides Patidars, the other dominant social group in the constituency is the Rabaris, who are classified as OBC.
The community’s votes are mostly split between the Congress and BJP.
Some Interesting Facts About Bhupendra Patel
- Patel has served as a member of the Memnagar Municipality in Ahmedabad three times: from 1995 to 1996, from 1999 to 2000 and from 2004 to 2006.
- Patel was served as the Chairman of the Ahmedabad School Board from 2008 to 2010.
- Bhupendra Patel’s full name is Bhupendra Rajnikant Patel.
- He is also called ‘Dada’ by his party members.
- Bhupendra Patel is a builder by profession, who has never been a minister of any department in Gujarat.
- Bhupendra Patel has been associated with Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) for a long time.
- His sports interests are watching cricket and badminton.
- Bhupendra Patel is also associated with National Democratic Alliance.
- Bhupendra Patel has no criminal record and has a very clear political career.
- Patel is considered a close aide to Anandiben Patel, the former Chief Minister of Gujarat and the first woman Chief Minister of the state.
|Full name||Bhupendra Rajnikant Patel|
|Famous for||Being chosen as the 17th Chief Minister of Gujarat, India in September 2021 by Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 167 cm
in meters– 1.67 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 6”
|Hair Colour||White (Semi-Bald)|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Political Journey||• Member of Memnagar Nagarpalika in Gujarat – 1995–1996, 1999-2000 and 2004–2006
• President of Memnagar Nagarpalika – 1999–2000
• Councillor from Thaltej Ward – from 2010 to 2015
• Chairman of the Ahmedabad Urban Development Authority (AUDA) – from 2015 to 2017
• Member of Gujarat Legislative Assembly from the Ghatlodia constituency – 2 times – 2017-2022; 2022-present
• Chief Minister of Gujarat – from 13 September 2021 to 9 December 2022
|Date of Birth||15 July 1962 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||60 Years|
|Birthplace||Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India|
|College/University||Government Polytechnic Ahmedabad, Technical Examination Board, Gujarat State, Gandhinagar|
|Educational Qualification||A diploma in civil engineering from Government Polytechnic Ahmedabad, Technical Examination Board, Gandhinagar, Gujarat|
|Caste||Gujarati Kadava Patidar community|
|Address||01, Aryaman Residency Road, Shilaj, Ahmedabad – 380059|
|Hobbies||Watching cricket and badminton|
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Son– Anuj Patel
Daughter-in-law– Devanshi Patel
|Parents||Father– Rajnikantbhai Patel
Mother– Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother– Ketan Patel (Younger Brother)|
Read Also – Rivaba Jadeja BJP Biography