Rovman Powell was born 23 July 1993 is a Jamaican cricketer who plays for the West Indies cricket team and current vice-captain in Limited overs cricket. In December 2018, he captained the West Indies for the first time in a One-Day International (ODI) match against Bangladesh. Domestically, he has played for Jamaica, the Combined Campuses and Colleges, and the Jamaica Tallawahs.
Rovman Powell Personal Life
Rovman was born in a poor family. He has an elder sister. His father left his family before Powell was born. His mother’s name is Joan Plumar. He is very close to his mother. His mother did hardwork to feed her children and to send them in school. In the childhood due to bad financial situation Rovman use to live in a house of iron sheets of two rooms. For some period of time he worked as a Goat keeper.
During the 2014–15 Regional Super50, Powell played for the Combined Campuses against Guyana. On debut, he took 3/20 and scored 31 runs, earning him man of the match honors. Against Guyana in the 2015–16 Regional Four Day Competition, Powell made his first-class debut for Jamaica. In the 2015–16 Regional Super50, he played for the Combined Campuses. In his team’s final two matches, he scored twin half-centuries, 71 against the Windward Islands and 63 not out against Guyana.
In October 2018, Cricket West Indies (CWI) awarded him a white-ball contract for the 2018–19 season. In October 2019, he was named as the captain of Jamaica’s squad for the 2019–20 Regional Super50 tournament. He was the leading run-scorer for Jamaica in the tournament, with 412 runs in eight matches.
T20 Franchise Career
Kolkata Knight Riders bought him for 30 lakhs in February 2017 for the 2017 Indian Premier League.
Following the draft for the 2018–19 Bangladesh Premier League, he was named to the Dhaka Dynamites team. He was named to the Jamaica Tallawahs squad for the 2020 Caribbean Premier League in July 2020. In April 2021, he was signed by Peshawar Zalmi to play in the rescheduled matches in the 2021 Pakistan Super League.
In November 2021, he was selected to play for the Kandy Warriors following the players’ draft for the 2021 Lanka Premier League.
In February 2022, he was bought by the Delhi Capitals in the auction for the 2022 Indian Premier League tournament.
He made his One-Day International (ODI) debut in the second match of the tri-series, against Sri Lanka. He made his Twenty20 International (T20I) debut for the West Indies against Pakistan on 26 March 2017. In February 2018, the International Cricket Council (ICC) named Powell as one of the ten players to watch ahead of the 2018 Cricket World Cup Qualifier tournament.
In January 2022, in the third match against England, Powell scored his first century in T20I cricket, with 107 runs from 53 balls.
Rovman Powell Stats
Batting & Fielding
Rovman Powell Instagram Account
View this post on Instagram
Rovman Powell Car Collection
Rovman Powell owns a 2019 Hyundai Tucson that he gifted to his mom. The price of the car in India is around Rs 22.30 lakh to Rs 27.03 lakh.
Some Interesting Facts about Rovman Powell
- Powell comes from a very humble background and promised his mother he would get them out of poverty through cricket.
- He was named Man of the Match in his debut List A matchwhen he scored 31 runs and took 3/20 in 2014.
- He was awarded the white-ball contract by Cricket West Indies in October 2018.
- The all-rounder was named captain of the West Indies squad touring Bangladesh in December 2018.
- After the Cricket World Cup Qualifier tournament in 2018, the ICC named Powell as the rising star of the West Indies squad.
- In the 3rd T20I against England on January 26th, 2022, Powell made history as he became only the 3rd ever West Indian to score a centuryin T20 Internationals. The other two players are Evin Lewis and Chris Gayle.
- He represented Kolkata Knight Riders in IPL 2017 but didn’t get to play a single game. He was bought by the franchise at his base price of INR 30 Lakhs.
- ICC named Powell as one of theten players to watch ahead of the 2018 Cricket World Cup Qualifier tournament.
- In the 2019–20 Regional Super50 tournament, Powell was theleading run-scorer for Jamaica with 412 runs in eight matches.
Rovman Powell Bio/Wiki
|Full Name||Rovman Powell|
|Date of birth||23 July 1993|
|Age (as of 2022)||28 years|
|Place of birth||Kingston, Jamaica|
|Marital Date||Not Known|
|Girlfriend name||Not Known|
|National side||West Indies|
Rovman Powell Cricket Life
|International Debut||Test – N/A
ODI – 6 November 2016 v Sri Lanka
T20I – 26 March 2017 v Pakistan
|Domestic/ State Team||Jamaica national cricket team|
|Coach Name||Ricky Ponting|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm fast medium|
|Famous Shots||Pull Shot, Cut Shot|
Rovman Powell Physical Appearance
|Eye Color||dark brown|
|Height (approx.)||in Feet Inches – 5’9” | in Meters- 1.75 M|
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 75 Kg | in Pounds- 165 lbs|
Rovman Powell Education
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|School Name||Not Known|
|College / University Name||Not Known|
Rovman Powell Family Details
|Father Name||Not Known|
|Mother Name||Joan Plummer|
|Brother Name||Not Known|
|Sister Name||Not Known|
|Children||Daughter- Not Known | Son- Not Known|
Rovman Powell Income
|Net Worth (Approx.)||$4 million|
|IPL Fee 2022||₹2.8 Crore|