Michelle Yeoh Choo-Kheng was born 6 August 1962 is a Hong Kong-based Malaysian actress and dancer, well known for performing her own stunts in the action films that brought her to fame in the early 1990s.
Michelle Yeoh Personal Life
She was born in Ipoh, Malaysia, she is based in Hong Kong and was chosen by People Magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World in 1997.
He is best known in the West for his roles in the James Bond film Tomorrow Never Dies (1997), in which he plays Wai Lin, and the multi-Academy Award-winning Chinese action film Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, for which he was nominated in the film. BAFTA Award for Best Actress. In 2008, film critic website Rotten Tomatoes voted her the best heroine of all time.
From an early age, she was involved in various physical activities, including basketball and swimming, though she was particularly interested in ballet. As a teenager, she attended the Royal Academy of Dance in London, but a back injury ended her dreams of becoming a professional ballet dancer. She subsequently planned on opening a ballet school, but in 1983 her mother entered her in the Miss Malaysia pageant. Yeoh won, and she later appeared in a commercial with Jackie Chan.
Michelle Yeoh Education
Yeoh was interested in dance from an early age and started ballet at the age of four. She attended primary school at Main Convent Ipoh, a girls’ high school. At the age of 15, she moved with her parents to Great Britain, where she attended The Hammond School in Chester, where she began training as a ballet dancer. Yeoh later studied ballet at the Royal Academy of Dance in London.
Michelle Yeoh Career
In 1983, 20-year-old Yeoh won the Miss Malaysia World pageant. She was the representative of Malaysia at the Miss World 1983 pageant in London, where she placed eighteenth. Later that year, she traveled to Australia, where she won the 1984 Miss Moomba International pageant.
Yeoh returned to acting with Police Story 3: Super Cop (1992) after having divorced Poon. She appeared in The Heroic Trio (1993), and the Yuen Woo-ping films Tai Chi Master and Wing Chun in 1993 and 1994, respectively.
In 2018, Yeoh played family matriarch Eleanor Young in Jon M. Chu’s Crazy Rich Asians, a film adaptation of Kevin Kwan’s book of the same name, opposite Constance Wu and Henry Golding.
Award success (2021–present)
In 2022, Yeoh starred in the science fiction surreal comedy film Everything Everywhere All at Once from filmmaking duo Daniels, released in March to critical acclaim. In the film, she played struggling laundromat owner Evelyn Wang, a role that was widely praised by critics, with David Ehrlich of IndieWire claiming it the “greatest performance that Michelle Yeoh has ever given”
Yeoh is set to appear in the upcoming Disney+ series American-Born Chinese, based on the book of the same name by Gene Luen Yang. In June 2022, it was announced that she will star in the eight-part series The Brothers Sun for Netflix.
She is also set to star in A Haunting in Venice directed by Kenneth Branagh and as Madame Morrible in the two-part film adaptation of the musical Wicked directed by Jon M. Chu.
Michelle Yeoh Net Worth
According to Celebrity Net Worths, Michelle Yeoh’s net worth is estimated to be about $40 million. Michelle Yeoh has had a dedicated career to her craft. From a young age in Malaysia, she was set to be a ballet star, but an injury compelled her to shift into acting.
Michelle Yeoh Family
Michelle Yeoh’s father is Yeoh Kian Teik, a lawyer and politician from Malaysia. Her mother’s name is Janet Yeoh.
- Father Name – Yeoh Kian Teik
- Mother Name – Janet Yeoh
Michelle Yeoh Brother and Sister
Michelle Yeoh has an older sister named Yeoh Lam Mei, who is also known as Chris Yeoh. Chris Yeoh is a former Miss Malaysia and a television personality. Michelle Yeoh also has a younger brother named Yeoh Kay Bin, who is a corporate executive.
Michelle Yeoh Husband and Boyfriend
Michelle Yeoh is engaged to long-term partner Jean Todt. Her fiancé is a former rally driver, who went on to become director of the Ferrari F1 team. Up until 2021, Todt was the President of the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) which oversees the Formula One World Championship.
Michelle Yeoh Physical Stats
Height – 5’4″ ft (163 cm)
Weight – 55 kg (121 lbs)
Eye Colour – Dark brown
Hair Colour – Dark brown
Michelle Yeoh Achivement
Michelle Yeoh has had a very successful career in the entertainment industry and has received numerous awards and recognitions for her work.
- In 1997, she won the Hong Kong Film Award for Best Actress for her role in “The Soong Sisters”.
- In 2001, she was awarded the BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role for her performance in “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon”.
- She was named as one of People Magazine’s “50 Most Beautiful People in the World” in 1997 and 1998.
- In 2008, she was awarded the “Officier de l’Ordre des Arts et des Lettres” by the French government for her contributions to the arts.
- She was honored with the Padma Shri award, one of the highest civilian awards in India, in 2019 for her contributions to the arts.
- In 2020, she was awarded the prestigious Commander of the Order of Arts and Letters by the French government for her contributions to the arts and culture.
- She was named as one of Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World in 2020.
Know Some Interesting Facts About of Michelle Yeoh
• Michelle Yeoh is fluent in English, Cantonese, Mandarin, and Malay.
• She began her career as a ballet dancer and even attended the Royal Academy of Dance in London.
• Yeoh was the first Asian actress to be cast as a Bond Girl in “Tomorrow Never Dies” (1997).
• She has a passion for motorcycling and has ridden motorcycles in several films and for personal enjoyment.
• Yeoh is also a film producer and co-produced the film “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny” (2016).
• She is a big fan of Star Trek and joined the cast of “Star Trek: Discovery” in 2018 as Captain Philippa Georgiou.
• In 1998, she was selected as a jury member for the Cannes Film Festival.
• She is a trained martial artist and did most of her own stunts in her action films.
• Yeoh is a committed humanitarian and has been a goodwill ambassador for UNICEF since 2004.
• In 2018, she was awarded the Excellence in Asian Cinema Award at the Asian Film Awards.
Latest News 2023 About Michelle Yeoh
Michelle Yeoh returns to Malaysia and fulfills her promise of taking the Oscar home to her mom
|Age||60 years old (in 2023)|
|Date of Birth||August 6, 1962|
|Full Name||Michelle Yeoh Choo-Kheng|
Read Also: Elizabeth Holmes Biography