Selena Gomez, an accomplished American singer, actress, producer, and businesswoman, initially embarked on her acting journey on the children’s television series Barney & Friends. During her teenage years, she gained widespread recognition by portraying the character of Alex Russo on the Disney Channel television series, Wizards of Waverly Place.
Height- 1.65 m
Born-22 July 1992
Birthplace-, Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Full name- Selena Marie Gomez
Profession-American Singer, Actress, Producer, and Businesswoman.
Selena Marie Gomez was born in Grand Prairie, Texas, on July 22, 1992, to Ricardo Joel Gomez and Mandy Teefey. Her mother, a former stage actress, hails from Texas, while her father has Mexican heritage. Selena was named after the renowned Tejano singer Selena Quintanilla, who passed away in 1995.
On the subject of her diverse background, Selena proudly identifies as a third-generation American Mexican. She elaborated that while her family incorporates Catholic traditions like quinceañeras and attending church, they also enjoy more casual activities like going to the park and having Sunday barbecues.
During her early years, Selena was fluent in Spanish until around the age of seven. Her parents separated when she was five years old, and she continued to live with her mother after the divorce.
Gomez has a blended family with two younger half-sisters and a younger stepbrother. Gracie Elliot Teefey is her half-sister from Mandy’s second marriage to Brian Teefey, while Victoria “Tori” and Marcus Gomez are her half-siblings from Ricardo’s second marriage to Sara.
In terms of her education, Gomez obtained her high-school diploma in May 2010 through homeschooling.
As of now, Selena Gomez is not married, and she doesn’t have a husband to talk about. In the past, she mentioned that she had anticipated being married by this point in her life, but that hasn’t come to fruition yet.
Selena Gomez has had a diverse and successful career as an American singer, actress, producer, and businesswoman.
Gomez’s birth came when her mother was only 16 years old, and their family faced financial hardships during her childhood. Her mother struggled to provide for them both, and they experienced tough times, even searching for quarters just to afford gas for their car. Gomez vividly remembers walking to the local dollar store with her mother to buy spaghetti for their dinners.Reflecting on her early years, Gomez admitted feeling frustrated about her parents’ separation and couldn’t envision a brighter future amidst the struggles. She expressed gratitude for her mother’s unwavering strength and determination to provide a better life for her. Despite the challenges, her mother worked tirelessly, holding three jobs, and making significant sacrifices for her well-being.
During her childhood, Gomez had a special bond with her grandparents, who played a crucial role in caring for her while her parents pursued their education. She fondly credits her grandparents for their support and nurturing, as they essentially raised her until she found success in the entertainment industry.
Selena Gomez’s acting career began with her appearance on the children’s television series “Barney & Friends” in the early 2000s. She gained widespread fame and recognition for her starring role as Alex Russo on the Disney Channel television series “Wizards of Waverly Place” from 2007 to 2012. This role catapulted her to stardom and won her several awards.
Gomez also took part in various Disney Channel movies, such as “Princess Protection Program” (2009), “Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie” (2009), and “Ramona and Beezus” (2010). She expanded her acting portfolio by taking on roles in other films, including “Monte Carlo” (2011), “Spring Breakers” (2012), “Getaway” (2013), and “The Fundamentals of Caring” (2016).
As a singer, Selena Gomez formed the band Selena Gomez & the Scene in 2009. The band released three studio albums: “Kiss & Tell” (2009), “A Year Without Rain” (2010), and “When the Sun Goes Down” (2011). Some of their popular songs include “Naturally” and “Love You Like a Love Song.”
In 2013, Gomez released her debut solo album, “Stars Dance,” which featured hit singles like “Come & Get It.” Her subsequent albums include “Revival” (2015), which included songs like “Good for You” and “Hands to Myself,” and “Rare” (2020), featuring the title track “Rare” and “Lose You to Love Me.”
Throughout her music career, Gomez has earned numerous awards and nominations for her contributions as a singer.
Producing and Business Ventures:
Selena Gomez has ventured into producing, working on projects such as the Netflix series “13 Reasons Why,” based on the novel of the same name.She is also the founder of her own production company, July Moon Productions.
Gomez has delved into the fashion industry, collaborating with brands and launching her own clothing line, “Dream Out Loud,” and a handbag collection.
Gomez is actively involved in philanthropy and social causes. She has been an advocate for mental health awareness and has supported UNICEF’s efforts to provide aid to children in need.
She is also the co-founder of the beauty brand “Rare Beauty,” which aims to promote self-acceptance and mental health awareness while supporting various charitable causes.
- Teen Choice Award for Choice Female Hottie – 2014, 2013, 2011
- Kids’ Choice Award for Favorite Female TV Star – 2013, 2012, 2011 (for “Wizards of Waverly Place”)
- 3MTV Video Music Award for Best Pop – 2013 (for “Come & Get It”)
- People’s Choice Award for Comedy TV Star of the Year – 2022, 2021 (for “Only Murders in the Building”)
- Satellite Award for Best Actress in a Series, Comedy or Musical – 2023 (for “Only Murders in the Building”)
- American Music Award for Favorite Female Artist Pop/Rock – 2016
- Kids’ Choice Award for Favorite Female Artist – 2017, 2015, 2014, …
- Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Actress: Comedy – 2011, 2010 (for “Wizards of Waverly Place”)
- Teen Choice Award for Choice Music – Break-Up Song – 2013 (for “Come & Get It”)
- Teen Choice Award for Choice Summer TV Star: Female – 2009 (for “Princess Protection Program”)
- Billboard Music Award for Woman of the Year – 2017
- Lo Nuestro Award for Crossover Collaboration of the Year – 2019 (for “Taki Taki”)
- People’s Choice Award for Favorite Social Media Celebrity – 2022
- Shorty Award for Best Actress – 2013, 2012 (under selenagomez)
- Teen Choice Award for Choice Summer: Song – 2018 (for “Back To You”)
- Teen Choice Award for Choice Female Artist – 2016
- Radio Disney Music Award for Best Breakup Song – 2015 (for “The Heart Wants What It Wants”)
- Bravo Otto – Super Singer – Female – 2016, 2012, 2011
- Radio Disney Music Award for Best Song to Dance To – 2014 (for “Birthday”)
- Hispanic Heritage Awards: Arts – 2020
- NRJ Music Award for International Female Artist of the Year – 2017
- Nickelodeon Brazil Kids’ Choice Award for Favorite International Hit – 2017
- People’s Choice Award for Favorite Animated Movie Voice – 2016
- Radio Disney Music Award for Best Musical Collaboration – 2018 (for “It Ain’t Me”)
- Bravo Otto – Film Star – Female – 2011
- Kids’ Choice Awards for Favorite Female Voice from an Animated Movie – 2023, 2019 (for “Hotel Transylvania: Transformania,” “Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation”)
- Teen Choice Special Award — Ultimate Choice Award – 2014
- Gracie Award for Outstanding Female Lead in a Comedy Series – 2010 (for “Wizards of Waverly Place”)
- MuchMusic Video Award for Fan Fave Single – 2018 (for “Wolves”)
- Teen Choice Award for Choice Instagrammer – 2018, 2017, 2016
- iHeartRadio Music Award for Favorite Documentary – 2023 (for “Selena Gomez: My Mind & Me”)
- Bravo Otto – TV Star – Female – 2012, 2011, 2010
- Radio Disney Music Award for Song of the Year – 2014 (for “Come & Get It”)
- Radio Disney Music Award for Best Female Artist – 2016, 2013
- Young Hollywood Award for Fan Favorite Album – 2013 (for “Stars Dance”)
- Bravo – Super-BFFs – 2013
- Bravo Otto – Sexy Babe – 2013
- Shorty Award for Celebrity Fashion – 2013 (under selena gomez)
- Teen Choice Award for Choice Summer Music Star: Female – 2016, 2013
- Radio Disney Music Award for Most Talked About Artist – 2014
- Much Music Video Award for Fan Fave International Artist or Group – 2014
- Teen Choice Award for Choice Red Carpet Fashion Icon Female – 2010, 2009
- Imagen Award for Best Young Actress – Television – 2011 (for “Wizards of Waverly Place”)
- iHeartRadio Music Award for Biggest TripleThreat – 2016
- Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a TV Movie, Miniseries or Special – Leading Young Actress – 2009 (for “Another Cinderella Story”)
- Billboard Women in Music for Chart Topper – 2015
- Radio Disney Music Award for Favorite Tour – 2017 (for “Revival Tour”)
- Premio Juventud for This is a BTS – 2019 (for “Behind the Scenes ‘Taki Taki'”)
- Glamour Award for The Independent Spirit – 2012
- ALMA Award for Favorite TV Actress – Comedy – 2009 (for “Wizards of Waverly Place”)
- Young Hollywood Award for Most Anticipated Album – 2013
Net Worth 2023
As of 2023, Selena Gomez’s net worth is approximately $95 million, as reported by Celebrity Net Worth.
Her wealth has been built through a combination of successful endeavors in music, acting, and various business ventures. Notably, a significant portion of her earnings comes from lucrative brand endorsements, with renowned companies like Puma and Coach being among her top partnerships.
Celebrates 31 Birthday
Expressing immense gratitude for various aspects of her life, one thing stands out the most for Gomez – the opportunity to work with the Rare Impact Fund through @Rarebeauty. In a heartwarming post featuring herself blowing out candles on a beautiful cake, she acknowledges the collective effort that has enabled them to raise awareness and improve access to mental health services for young individuals – a cause that truly ignites her passion.
Addressing the inquiries about her birthday wishes, the Only Murders in the Building actress humbly requests that, instead of receiving gifts, people kindly contribute to the Rare Impact Fund. She emphasizes the impact even small donations can make and invites those capable to consider lending a hand in making a meaningful difference.
In conclusion, she showers love and gratitude upon her supporters, signing off with a heartfelt “I LOVE YOU ALL!”
Read Also:Fiona Phillips Biography