Pathu Thala is a 2023 Indian Tamil-language neo-noir action thriller film. It is the remake of the Kannada blockbuster Mufti, which itself was loosely based on Al Pacino’s Donnie Brasco. Pathu Thala is directed by Obeli N. Krishna. The film was made on an overall budget of Rs50 Crores.
The movie was released on 30th March 2023 and has been receiving positive reviews from critics and audiences.
Pathu Thala Cast
- Silambarasan as AG Raavanan (AGR)
- Gautham Karthik as Guna
- Gautham Vasudev Menon as Naanjilaar Gunasekaran
- Priya Bhavani Shankar as Leela Thompson
- Anu Sithara as Samudra
- Teejay Arunasalam as Selvin
- Kalaiyarasan as Ameer
- Santhosh Prathap as Arunmozhi
- Madhu Guruswamy as Singha
- Redin Kingsley as Kuttapare
- Sendrayan as Poongungran
- Soundararaja as Inban
- Dheeraj Kher as Dheeraj Kher
- Harshitha as Aaradhana
- Kannan Ponnaiyah as Pistol
- Namo Narayana
- Sayyeshaa Saigal as a bar dancer
Pathu Thala Concept
The story is about Guna who goes on a covert mission to find and capture AG Raavanan (AGR), a crime boss after receiving the order from the Chennai city commissioner. Soon, Guna realizes that Raavanan’s intentions were always good and needs to decide his next step towards saving him from his political nemesis, Naanjilar Gunasekharan.
Pathu Thala Production
Initially, Narthan was chosen as the director of the movie but when he did not show up to the sets, he was replaced by Obeli N Krishna. Krishna decided to modify the storyline and include more characters. On 19th January 2021, the first look poster of the film was released.
In August 2021, the shooting of the film began but it has been postponed so many times, the shooting resumed in July 2022. Major portions of Silambarasan were shot near Bellary Palace in the Mysore district in Karnataka. On 13th August 2022, the second schedule of the film began in Chennai. On 23rd November 2022, the entire shooting of the film was wrapped.
Pathu Thala Music
The music of the film is composed by A. R. Rahman. On 3rd February 2023, the first single titled “Namma Satham” was released on Silambarasan’s birthday. On 13th March 2023, the second single titled ‘Ninaivirukka’ was released. On 18th March 2023, the entire soundtrack was released.
List Of Tracks
- “Namma Satham” – Lyrics by Vivek, sung by A. R. Rahman
- “Ninaivirukka” – Lyrics by Kabilan, sung by A. R. Ameen and Shakthisree Gopalan
- “Nee Singam Dhan” – Lyrics by Vivek, sung by Sid Sriram
- “Raawadi” – Lyrics by Snehan, sung by Shuba and Nivas
- “Osarattum Pathu Thala” – Lyrics by Naattu Raja Durai, sung by Deepthi Suresh, Sreekanth Hariharan, and Satyaprakash
Pathu Thala Release
The film was set to release theatrically on 14 December 2022, but the film’s release was postponed. On 30th March 2023, the film was finally released theatrically.
The rights of post-theatrical streaming and satellite rights are acquired by Amazon Prime Video and ZEE Tamil.
Read Also- Shehzada Movie Review