Nat Sciver-Brunt is an English cricketer. She is an all-rounder who bats with right-hand and bowls right-arm medium-fast ball.
Nat Sciver-Brunt Personal Life
Nat was born on 20th August 1992 in Tokyo, Japan to Richard Sciver, a Business Executive, and Julia Longbottom, a Diplomat. She has a sister named Zoe and one brother.
Nat spent her childhood in various countries like Poland, where she played in women’s league football, and the Netherlands, where she played basketball.
Nat Sciver-Brunt Career
She began playing cricket with the Surrey club side Stoke d’Abernon. She also played cricket at school, playing in the Epsom College school 1st XI for two seasons.
On 1st July 2013, she made her WODI debut for England against Pakistan. On 5th July, she made her WT20I debut for England against Pakistan.
In April 2015, she was selected as one of the England women’s Academy squad tours to Dubai.
In 2017, she was a member of the winning team at the 2017 World Cup held in England. In October 2018, she was selected for England’s squad for the 2018 ICC Women’s World Twenty20 tournament in the West Indies.
In January 2020, she was named to England’s squad for the 2020 ICC Women’s T20 World Cup in Australia.
In June 2021, she was selected for England’s Test and WODI squad as the vice-captain. In December 2021, she was selected for England’s squad for their tour to Australia to contest the Women’s Ashes.
In April 2022, she was bought by the Trent Rockets for the 2022 season of The Hundred. In July 2022, she was selected to be the vice-captain of England’s team for the cricket tournament at the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham, England.
In 2023, she was bought by the Mumbai Indians in the inaugural Women’s Premier League auction.
Batting & Fielding
Nat Sciver-Brunt Relationship
In May 2022, she got married to Katherine Brunt, a fellow cricketer. Before getting married, they were dating each other for 5 years.
Nat Sciver-Brunt Education
She has completed her schooling at Epsom College in Surrey, England. Later, she studied sports and exercise science at Loughborough University.
Nat Sciver-Brunt Net Worth
According to various online sources, her net worth is estimated at around $2 million. She earns via the England Cricket Board, endorsements, advertisements, and other domestic tournaments.
Nat Sciver-Brunt Instagram Account
View this post on Instagram
Nat Sciver-Brunt Wiki/Bio
|Full name||Natalie Ruth Sciver-Brunt|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 178 cm
in meters– 1.78 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 55 kg
in pounds– 121 lbs
|International Debut||ODI– 1 July 2013 against Pakistan at Louth Cricket Club, England
Test– 10 January 2014 against Australia in Perth, Australia
T20– 5 July 2013 against Pakistan at Loughborough, England
|Jersey Number||#39 (England)|
|Domestic/State Team||• Stoke d’Abernon Club
• Epsom College
• Surrey Stars
• Northern Diamonds
• Trent Rockets
• Melbourne Stars
• Perth Scorchers
• Mumbai Indians
|Bowling Style||Right-arm fast bowler|
|Records (main ones)||• She is the first England cricketer (male or female) to take a hattrick in an international T20I match, when she took the wickets of Maddie Green, Erin Bermingham, and Frances Mackay of New Zealand on 23 October 2013.
• She is the first women cricketer to make 1000 ODI runs in less than 1000 deliveries.
• In an ODI match against Sri Lanka on 17 November 2016, she put up a partnership of 104 runs for the 7th wicket with Danielle Hazell which became the third-highest partnership for the 7th wicket in an ODI match.
• In an ODI match against Pakistan on 27 June 2017 in the 2017 World Cup, she made a partnership of 213 runs for the 3rd wicket with Heather Knight, which became the highest partnership for the 3rd wicket in an ODI World Cup.
• In an ODI match against New Zealand on 12 July 2017, she made 129 runs which became the highest score by any batter at 5th position.
• In a T20I match against Thailand on 26 February 2020, she put up a partnership of 169 runs not out for 3rd wicket with Heather Knight, which became the third-highest partnership for the 3rd wicket in a T20I match.
• In a test match against South Africa in June 2022, she put up a partnership of 207 runs for the 6th wicket with Alice Davidson-Richards, which became the second-highest partnership for the sixth wicket in a test.
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Selected as one of the five Wisden Cricketers of the Year in 2018
• Chosen as Standout player of England in the 2018 T20 Women’s World Cup by ICC
• PCA Women’s Player of the Year of 2022
• ICC Women’s ODI Player of the Year award for 2022
• Rachael Heyhoe Flint Award for ICC Women’s Cricketer of the Year 2022
• Named in the ICC ODI team of the year 2022
|Date of Birth||20 August 1992|
|School||Epsom College in Surrey, England|
|Educational Qualifications||She studied sports and exercise science at Loughborough University.|
|Controversies||• Mental Health Break
She was selected for the series against India in September 2022; however, she withdrew from the series citing mental health and emotional exhaustion. She said in an interview that she was tired mentally due to the cricket she had played in the last few months before that series. She said, “I’ve played a lot of cricket over the last nine months and I am very emotionally fatigued. Elite sport demands a lot and for the moment I’m not able to perform without compromising my own wellbeing, so I need to take some time away from cricket in order to focus on myself. It’s the right decision for me and it’s the right decision for the team.”
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||She dated Katherine Brunt for 5 years before marrying her.|
|Marriage Date||May 2022|
|Spouse/Partner||Katherine Brunt (Cricketer)|
|Parents||Father– Richard Sciver (Business Executive)
Mother– Julia Longbottom (Diplomat)
|Siblings||She has a sister named Zoe and one brother.|
Read Also- Annabel Sutherland (Cricketer) Biography